Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Mo- April 1 Updates



For the next few weeks, I think that I want to take the concept of touch that I've expressed in my previous sketches before the COVID-19 pandemic struck our society. This time, I want to emphasize our restrictions on touch, given the numerous warnings that the government and CDC have provided thus so far. I've been thinking about how contact and human touch will change in light of this situation, so I would like to highlight that in my future sketches.


I'm from New York City, where the pandemic is hitting the hardest right now, so I personally feel like all eyes are on New York everyday. I wake up in my Durham apartment, tune into CNN around noon, and watch Governor Andrew Cuomo giving daily briefings on what is happening in my home state. My eyes are on the city as I listen updates and continue to hope for the best. This is also the first time in my conscious experience that I've seen the "city that never sleeps" actually sleeping (hence the black apple mimics the darkness I perceive. I hope to draw more sketches oriented around my home as we endure this crisis. 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent path to take Mo. The work you've been doing until the crisis fits perfectly with this subject. The hands on the face with text is a powerful image. Also interested to see how you incorporate NYC into the drawings. I like the black Apple image quite a bit. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete