Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My Thoughts On Drawing

I have always loved to draw, but I've always been that person who really needs to work on a project, or even a simple sketch to make it look nice, or that's what I think at least. I've always been extremely jealous of those people who can just sit there and start sketching this amazingly beautiful picture in a matter of minutes. Despite that though, I really just love to finish a drawing and feel so proud of what I was able to create. I really enjoy doing more fun types of drawings, like logos, cause I always break my drawings down into simpler shapes before I make them more complex. I don't really mean to do that, but rather I think it's more subconscious. It makes drawing easier for me I guess.

This class was definitely more of a challenge for me. I took art for four years in high school, so it wasn't the drawing itself that was more difficult, it was dedicating more time outside of class to my work that was more of a struggle for me. In high school all of our projects were done during class hours everyday. However, I really enjoyed the challenge of this class. It allowed me to really challenge and push the potential of my drawing abilities. Despite how much I may have struggled with my projects, I was relatively happy with the outcome of most of them.

Drawing is something that I love to do to de-stress, so doing it with a deadline and on such a large-scale was a little more difficult for me. It's something I want to continue to do for the rest of my life, and I think that this class truly helped me to gain a better understanding of my strengths and weaknesses in drawing, and certain techniques and skills that are more suited to me. So thank you for allowing me to have a better understanding of myself and my drawing abilities, as well as a great  way for me to challenge these talents and abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment