Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Story of My First Painting


It was more than 4 years ago when I first try try oil painting. At that time I knew nothing about it. I mean it, because at first I painted on the wrong side of the canvas. First I tried to paint some shape, just to get the feeling of oil painting. Oh I also didn't buy oil because I don't know I need it...so I painted dry, on the wrong side, a triangle, and a circle, then another triangle...
Then I recognized it look like a mouth and a nose, so I went on and fulfilled the face, which I call Maverick. It is to some extent an very abstract self portrait that describe my nonconforming nature.
Later, to my very surprise and delight, I found it very like one of my favorite writer, William Somerset Maugham, the author of The Moon and Sixpence a story of a crazy, amoral and nonconforming artist, and Of Human Bondage, which appears in my latest drawing.



No comments:

Post a Comment