Monday, December 4, 2017

Thoughts on Drawing


      I enjoyed drawing this semester because each assignment / concept was built off the one before. We were also able to use our own thoughts and pick locations we wanted to incorporate. This class gave me a lot of freedom to draw with my own personal expression. Although I came into the course with little experience (besides my own drawings in my free time), it taught me a lot of techniques that I can use in the future. Even though I won't be minoring or majoring in an art based field, I'm glad I was able to take a class based off of my interests.

      The drawings that I enjoyed the most were the empirical space drawing and the fantasy drawing. Both of these I felt that I made a lot of adjustments between my study and final drawings and thoroughly enjoyed the most. I was able to incorporate things that were important to me in both drawings. The K Center is where I spend the majority of my nights doing homework after practice, and the Harry Potter series are my all time favorite books & movies that I grew up with.

      Our first blog post also opened my eyes a little to the world of other artists that I had not had a lot of knowledge in before. My artist (Andy Warhol) is now something that I try to incorporate when I can. Now that I am familiar with his work, I can share it with others and point out those specific to his style.

      This semester was very enjoyable in that I was able to learn a lot more than I had expected, and I was able to have a lot of freedom in my artwork. I have already recommended this class to a few of my teammates and shown them the assignments, and they were excited to sign up for next semester. I can't wait to bring all of my artwork home and share with family!

Thank you for making this class very fun & enjoyable!!


No comments:

Post a Comment