Friday, November 21, 2014

Thoughs on Drawing By Kay Zhang

I feel really lucky to be in this class this semester. I've always enjoyed drawing since I was a kid, but I never really got the chance to take any drawing class. This semester, however, I got to learn about lines, shades, negative spaces and such concepts that I always wanted to know about. I enjoyed how the class is structured so that each time we move on to a new unite we'd still be using skills we learned the week before.

However, I love drawing when I am under zero pressure and when drawing is the only thing in my mind when I do it. When I was at home, I'd paint for the entire afternoon without a good-looking, finished work, but I still enjoyed it so much. Here at Duke, I sometimes find myself drawing for the sake of finishing the assignment. Not saying it's a bad thing, it is simply because we are all entangled with too many other things in this campus, and it's hard to put that all behind and enjoy three-good-hours of drawing.

Other than that I really enjoyed this class. I would send my mom a picture every time I finish an assignment. She always gives me super positive comments and she's been talking about I should be a professional painter forever. One way I wish to incorporate drawing and other things I am passionate about is through fashion sketching. I am tremendously intrigued by fashion like many other girls, and I want to actively seek conversation with people in this field. Here are some of the sketches of my favorite brand Dolce & Gabbana.




As we can see, different designers adopt different styles. Their personal styles are tightly linked towards the branding, marketing of the company. Though what we learn this semester, I am more confident about drawing in terms of potion of different body parts. 



No comments:

Post a Comment