Monday, April 24, 2017

Thoughts on Drawing - Harrison Taee

Thoughts on Drawing

Art has been a large part of my life from an early age. In middle school, I was on route for an art scholarship to Wellington college, I instead ended up attending Eton college, a school which doesn’t offer art scholarships. Nonetheless from day one in high school art was a huge part of my identity, I won a few competitions at school and went on trips to southern Spain where we spent weeks touring and sketching.

Art, to me is a release. It’s a way in which I can take a few hours out of the day, relax and draw. Whenever I sketch, I feel a huge sense of satisfaction and pride because in my eyes the art of creating something out of nothing is one of the most rewarding things anyone can do. Art is a stress reliever and such a powerful therapeutic tool.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this class, although time consuming due to my OCD-esqeue style of drawing, I have learnt a whole lot about how I can improve my drawing. For example I’d never once before used a blending tool and boy did it make a difference, I’d never drawn faces before and through my sketchbook, I discovered how fascinating the subject was and how difficult it is to capture it with a pencil and I've also learnt about the perspective and composition of a drawing. 


Overall this was a huge hit of a class and I’ve loved every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment