Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Oh Drawing.

Oh Drawing. I love you when I have an idea in my mind, when I can open one of the many boxes in my mind. I hate you when I'm restricted in any way: time, idea criteria, etc. I have a serious problem with myself. I want to spend the rest of my life submerged in art: creating art, helping foster other artists, exhibiting art. My problem is the creating art. I feel like I should be faster when it comes to art, and this class just slapped that fact across my face. I have been the slowest in this class. Assignments that should have taken 4-5 hours took over 10 hours. Drawing little sketches take me an hour or more. When I take longer than I should, I become impatient. I feel like an artist should be patient and can be quick.  I'm full throttle ahead with pursuing art for the rest of my life, but I'm afraid I'll be too slow to every create it in time to show anything. I don't know; oh drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment